Recycling & Yard Waste info During COVID-19 Pandemic
April 8, 2020 - In order to protect the health and welfare of Groot employees along with keeping customers and the public safe, Groot is temporarily making the following collection changes until further notice.
- All trash/refuse and recycling must be placed in a company designated cart/toter, a can with handles or be bagged. Loose uncontained items will not be collected.
- If you or someone in your household has tested positive for or has symptoms of COVID-19, please place your recyclables in a bag and place it in the trash so that the recycling workers are not exposed to the virus.
- All bulky item/construction debris collection is suspended until further notice.
- All white good/e-waste collection is suspended until further notice
- Please do not put plastic gloves, masks, medical tubing or other PPE in your recycling bin
Yard Waste & Groot Stickers
As of Tuesday, 4/7, seasonal weekly yard waste collection has resumed. Residents can use generic yard waste bags with Groot stickers applied. Stickers can be purchased in local retail stores -- Ace Hardware, Jewel and Walgreen's at Rt. 59 & Stearns Road or by mail from Groot for $3 (throughout 2020).
For anyone who wants to purchase stickers in a “No Contact” fashion during this pandemic, ACE Hardware said residents can call in their order for stickers and a representative will bring it out to the car; Walgreens on Rt 59 & Stearns will have them available in the drive-thru.
Please know that there may be future changes to the collection services and programs during this critical time as Groot continues to practice the protocols and recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). These are temporary changes made in the effort to keep the community safe.