Bartlett News & Media Releases

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

How to Report Malfunctioning RR Crossing Gates

Post Date:08/12/2019
To report malfunctioning railroad crossing gates or warning signals, locate the information sign most commonly affixed to the crossing gate post and take note of the telephone number (number will vary depending on the RR that has jurisdiction for the crossing) and Department of Transportation (DOT) crossing inventory number. Call the phone number displayed on the sign and provide the following information, if available:

~ Street/highway name
~ Nearest city/town
~ DOT Number (if available) - Note: the DOT number is a six digit number with an alpha character at the end (Ex.: 999 999A) and is found on the blue sign mounted on the crossbuck post for a passive crossing: it may be found on either the signal mast and/or signal cabin.

A maintenance crew will be dispatched immediately to the correct site anytime of the day. Calling emergency services at 9-1-1 is always an option as well.