Create a community that fosters a sense of belonging
- Foster downtown development that serves as a community focal point.
- Develop an effective approach for more active involvement in promoting municipal authority and local control.
- Promote community identity and events.
- Encourage resident involvement.
- Maintain and enhance communication.
- Facilitate intergovernmental relationships with other local taxing districts
Attract and retain a diverse business population
- Continue to develop a Town Center in our downtown.
- Provide support to existing and new business community.
- Continue to address the development of the Brewster Creek Business Park.
- Continue to address business development of the Bluff City and Blue Heron business parks.
- Explore development potential of commercial area at Route 59 and Route 59 and W. Bartlett Road.
Pursue formation of a new school district to ensure high quality education
- Continue efforts toward school improvements.
Maintain and enhance the appearance of our community
- Promote residential, industrial and commercial property maintenance.
- Promote an inviting outdoor environment.
- Continue to provide for community land use planning.
- Continue the corridor plan for West Bartlett Road.
Continue to provide high quality, responsive, and cost effective Village services.
- Focus on the development, motivation, and recognition of municipal staff.
- Maintain a fiscally responsible government.
- Continue implementation of Phase Four of the Technology Plan, GIS.
- Encourage regional and local transportation availability.
- Continue to provide and maintain infrastructure, facilities and services to focus on core municipal service areas.
- Continue to address residential drainage and storm water concerns.
- Maintain a safe community.
- Maintain emergency management efforts.
Evaluate and promote, where possible, environmentally friendly development, purchases, awareness and programs
- Evaluate municipal purchases and practices for environment-friendly alternatives.